Photo credit: Jessica Sugg
New Year, New You may be a little overused around this time of the year, but Mamas – you deserve to make 2021 your year in every possible way.
Finding some phrases, or affirmations, that truly hit home could be the perfect way to start the year fresh. Writing down a few affirmations, such as the ones below, and hiding them around your home or inside your planner could be a great way to remind yourself of the kind of mindset you want to stay true to in 2021.
Photo credit: Jennifer Aline Graham
- “When something goes wrong in your life, just yell "plot twist!" and move on.” - Joy of Dad (Facebook)
- The Devil whispered in my ear, "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm." I whispered in the Devil's ear, "I love your eggs."
- “If your path demands you to walk through hell, walk as if you own the place.” - Smile & Shine
- They whispered to her, "you cannot withstand the storm." She whispered back, "I am the storm."
- I love it when the coffee kicks in and I realize what an adorable badass I am going to be today.
Photo credit: Renee’ Saraceni
- We don't develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.
- Repeat after me, "I can trust myself."
- You might feel worthless to one person, but you are priceless to another. Don't ever forget your value.
- The biggest mistake you can make is to underestimate your own ability, sit with it for a minute.
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” - Helen Keller
Photo credit: Michele Graham
- “Beware of Destination Addiction - a preoccupation with the idea that happiness is in the next place, the next job and with the next partner. Until you give up the idea that happiness is somewhere else, it will never be where you are.” - Robert Holden
- If you had $86,400 in your bank account and someone stole $10, would you be upset? You would throw the remaining $86,390 away just to get back at them? Of course not. You have 86,400 seconds in your day. Why let someone's 10 seconds of negativity take away your remaining 86,390. Let go. Move on.
- If you don't own the beast within, Others will want to add you to their petting zoo.
- “These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.” - Najwa Zebian
- “The only way to get true results is by taking steady steps toward your goal. There is no quick cure or overnight transformation.” - All in! with Sgt Patterson