The countdown is on to our daughter's third birthday, and you'd think it was tomorrow by how much she talks about it! There are still 30 days until her birthday, but she thinks every day is her birthday. So to help her keep track, we created a birthday calendar countdown board so she knows how many more days till her birthday party. It also helps with counting and numbers!
- Colored paper
- First figure out how many days until your child’s birthday (or big event, vacation, etc). That will help you figure out how many boxes and lines to put on your chart.
- Draw out the grid on your poster board. You can go with a countdown by numbers or by days of the week as well.
- For the velcro pieces, decide on a basic image that represents the event, like a cupcake. Cut the colored paper into tiny squares and try and cut out the shape for all of them at once (pretty easy with thin paper). A whole lot less work this way!
- Put the velcro on the board and the opposite piece on the cutout cupcakes.
- Your kids will love adding their pieces as they countdown the days!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR