With Spring and Easter around the corner, this is a cute craft to try with your little ones at home.
- Paper plate
- Watercolors or paints
- Pipe cleaners (3 per bunny)
- Cotton balls
- Construction paper
1. Have your child paint the back of the paper plate. I was envisioning my girls using one simple watercolor, but they had other ideas...I think their using multiple colors came out really nice.
2. While the paint is drying, cut out bunny ears from the construction paper. The girls liked the light pink colored paper so we didn’t end up painting the ears, but those could also be painted.
3. Staple the ears to the back of the paper plate. This was just the easiest and quickest way to attach them.
4. Paint the inside of the bunny ears white if you like.
5. Glue on the googley eyes.
6. Staple on the 3 pipe cleaners in the center of the paper plate to be the whiskers.
7. Put a large glob of glue in the center of the whiskers where the staple is and glue on the cotton ball to be the nose.
8. Using a black marker, draw the bunny’s mouth coming out the bottom of its nose and you’re done!
My kids immediately wanted to hold them up as masks, so you could also easily forgo the googley eyes and cut out eyeholes instead...even mount the bunny mask on a stick!
Happy Spring and Easter!