School is back in session and if your kids are anything like mine, they come home hungry and wanting to eat everything in the fridge. These homemade granola bars are a wonderful after school treat that will give them that energy boost they need to get through the rest of the afternoon. They have no preservatives and less sugar than store bought granola bars, plus it’s fun and easy to make with your kids.
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1/3 cup raisins
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, honey, and vanilla.
- Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the oats into the pot. Stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the raisins and stir until they are mixed in evenly.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan with butter, then add the oat mixture to the pan. Spread it around with your hands to make sure it’s even.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it is chilled (approximately 1 hour).
- Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.