Since the weather has been warming up, we have been craving cool treats. I wanted something that we could make that would be sweet and tasty, but that wouldn’t have too much sugar. A friend told me about how to make banana ice pops with my kids, so I had to try!
What you’ll need:
Yogurt (I used whole milk plain yogurt and added a little pure maple syrup to sweeten it as an alternative to using the sugary fruit flavors at the store)
Mini chocolate chips
Chopped peanuts or almonds
1. Peel and cut bananas in half.
2. Stick each half of a banana onto a popsicle stick.
3. Place on a tray and put in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
4. Once the bananas are frozen, if you are using peanut butter heat the peanut butter up in the microwave in 30 sec increments until it is nice and liquidy.
5. Cover your frozen bananas with one of the coatings.
6. Sprinkle your toppings on top of the coating, covering the entire banana.
7. Place the bananas on the tray back in the freezer for approximately 1 hour before eating.
Hope you enjoy your tasty summer treats!