For Part I - The Summertime Manual for Mama - Survival Pregnancy Tips please read here.
For Part II - The Summertime Manual for Mama - Sunscreen Secrets please read here.
It can be tricky remembering absolutely everything you need once you’re at the beach, a spray park, or pool. Even for infants and newborns, it can be tough packing everything you need to make sure your adventure is a safe and enjoyable one. Of course, the word enjoyable isn’t always the first word you think of when it comes to the long to-do list you try to check off before walking out the door. It isn’t always enjoyable packing towels, sunscreen, diapers, hats, umbrellas, extra clothes, extra bathing suits, snacks, and everything else you need along with remembering what you need.
Sometimes, you forget what you could have used once that minute of relaxation under the sun hits you.
Finding little secrets for before, after, and during water play can be beneficial and, most importantly, relieve the stress that you wish wasn’t there. Of course, what works for one family may not work for another, but having helpful suggestions available, especially from real-life mamas, may be just what you need.
Photo credit: Pinterest.com
- Never Forget the Baby Powder. “Use baby powder to get the sand off before getting in the car.” – Renee Saraceni, mom of two
Photo credit: Pinterest.com
- Turn a Tub Into a Pool. “Bring an infant bath tub and fill with water so they don’t go near the ocean.” – Morgan Coggins, mom of one
Photo credit: TripSavvy.com
- Anchor Down. “We prefer one of those umbrella half domes that you can anchor in the sand. Makes a little mini cove for you and your stuff—good for sun and wind.” – Esme Collier, mom of two
Photo credit: Unsplash.com
- Freeze Sunscreen. Put sunscreen in the freezer for a little while before leaving the house and keep it in the cooler when at the beach... it will be cool and much more enjoyable when putting it on. – Sharon Pieczenik, Mommee Coffee
Photo credit: Amazon.com
- Beach Blanket/Kiddie Pool Combo. “My sister just got us this really cool thing that is a blanket on one side and if you flip it over it can hold water to become a pool in the sand. It’s the EverEarth E Lite Waterproof Beach Blanket and Kiddie Pool.” – Alicia Marie, mom of one
Jennifer Aline is a coffee addict, mama of twins, and a passionate freelance writer and author. She writes for Moms.com on a regular basis and has had articles in publications such as the NY Daily News, NY Post, and In Good Health Newspaper. Aline received her Bachelor’s Degree in Child and Family Studies from Keuka College and worked in the Human Services field before her two little girls entered her life. Aline now focuses primarily on writing, teaching aerial arts classes in the evenings, and caring for her twin daughters – all while continuously chugging coffee, of course.
Facebook: Momhood Mayhem