My daughter's kindergarten class has been learning about shapes, so helped them create their own space robots. The fun thing about this project was how unique each of the robots turned out to be. The kids had a blast thinking about the function of each of their robot's buttons and of course talking in robot voices.
- Construction Paper
- Glue Sticks
- Googly Eyes
1. Cut out different shapes for the robot's body and lay them out on the background paper.
2. Have your children pick out different shapes for the robot's head, body, arms, hand, legs and feet.
3. Once the robot is assembled, use the glue stick to glue the assembled robot onto the background paper.
4. Pick out buttons and googly eyes and use the glue to secure them on to the robot.
5. Let the glue dry for a few minutes before decorating the robots with markers and adding more details.
6. To add another layer of interactivity, have your children explain to you what each button does and have them talk to you in their robot voice.