Today, my little fairies and I decided to make our favorite thumbprint cookies for a fairy tea party. I love making these delicious cookies because they are so simple and only require five ingredients. Also, the kids love getting involved in the preparation, which includes using their thumbs to create the holes for the jam, then filling them up.
¾ cup butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
2 egg yolks
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup fruit preserves, any flavor
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, flour, white sugar and egg yolks.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Use your finger to make a well in the center of each cookie.
- Fill the hole with 1/2 teaspoon of preserves.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks. Combine with your favorite tea party snacks and refreshments and enjoy!