It’s that time of year again, when pumpkin flavored products seem to be flooding every aisle in the grocery store, and pumpkin lattes are the drink of choice at all the coffee shops. I love the pumpkin flavor, but am also trying to stay healthy, so I found this delicious whole-wheat pumpkin muffin recipe. The muffins are sweetened with honey instead of sugar, so I feel good about eating them with my kids. These pumpkin muffins are the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of Mommee Coffee.
- 1½ cups whole spelt flour (can substitute whole-wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- Mix together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the eggs, honey, and melted butter. Mix together until well combined. Fold in the pumpkin puree.
- Pour the batter evenly into your muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20-24 minutes.
Hope you enjoy your pumpkin muffins!